Your wedding month is around the corner, and you are feeling a tad bit stressed? Well, every bride-to-be wants to feel her best, and yoga is the perfect way to bring out the ultimate version of oneself. Yoga sequence is designed to help you shed weight and wear your special dress with poise and self-assurance. Apart from the physical benefits, yoga helps calm down a busy mind before the forthcoming nuptials.
Yoga moves are powerful postures which every bride-to-be should put in their to-do list prior to the most awaited day of their lives, pretty much how prepping for the wedding trousseau and grooming is planned for! Yoga has myriad benefits with its heart-opening poses, detoxing twists, and mind cleansing inversions, which make way for bridal happiness and health. Here are some bridal yoga moves to get you mentally and physically fit and help you beat the nervousness leading up to the D day. So just breathe deep, and flow through the powerful postures.
Yoga is an effective way to tone up and tune up your mind. With just a few rounds you can gain the physical, mental and spiritual benefits of yoga. Active breathing and meditating can help in calming the mind even if you are feeling over-exhausted. If you aren’t able to give time to a full workout, make sure to practice a few in the morning or before you retire to bed to perk up your mood and health prior to your eventful week. Do not forget to include you kith n kin into your fun yoga practice, after all you all are working hard to make the wedding event a success.
With tremendous benefits of yoga, from glowing, radiant skin; keeping stress at bay to shedding weight, all you need is yourself and some Yoga! If you are meticulously practicing the exercise form, it can also help your digestion to get activated thus refining your metabolism and reducing extra fat in the body. Yoga works from the core, the inside organ health is taken care of which other exercise forms may not.
Yoga Guru, Mansi Mahajan gives us a few yoga moves to look fit as a fiddle on your once in a lifetime wedding event. She suggests, “There is a rule in Yoga that each muscle should move at least once a day. This brings our energy back into flow and releases blockages. Energy is like water. Water that stands still becomes impure and putrid. On the other hand, flowing water always remains pure. This is the reason we should always move the muscles of our abdomen and intestines daily. Practicing the routine is a sure fire way to feel invigorated body, mind and soul, and develop that equanimity that will help you ride the wave in this epic time in your life. ‘Yoga is not a work-out, it is a work-in.’ This ancient tool can be used as a stepping-stone for higher possibilities, making you feel physically energized and making you more contained and collected at a deeper level.
- Triangle and Revolved Triangle – These two poses replicate the triangle’s innate stability, a geometric form that embodies support, balance and strength. Because of the intense twist, the postures aid in digestion by detoxifying and toning the abdominal organs.
- Bridge Pose – This posture helps to improve digestion by stretching the abdominals and the digestive tract. It creates expansiveness in the lungs, helps stimulates the thyroid, energising the entire body and calming the mind.
- Camel Pose – This backbend stimulates endocrine glands, kidneys and the digestive system by stretching the abdomen. It also improves blood circulation and activates the thyroid gland.
- Sage’s Twist– A seated spinal twist, this asana gives a deep yet gentle twist to the gastrointestinal tract, releasing the metabolic energy of digestion called ‘agni’ which helps in eliminating the body wastes and toning the upper body.
- Three Legged Dog – This asana creates deep strengthening in the entire body, especially toning the arms, abdominals, glutes and legs. It also energizes and rejuvenates the nervous system.
- Pranayama – or breathing techniques are very beneficial in improving the quality of your life, and helping you nurture and preserve your sanctity. Agnisaror Breath of Fire is an extremely powerful means of improving digestion, building immunity and creating heat in the body, which helps in burning toxins and reducing visceral fat in the abdominal organs. Like Thich Nhat Hanh says, “healing is every breath”, each mindful breath can have a profound effect on your system and the way you go about life.
- Surya Namaskar or Sun Salutation – A combination of twelve asanas, this sequence is the most holistic type of exercise, involving the mind, body and breath. Start with four rounds and build up to twelve and you will experience undeniable improvement in your posture, cardio-vascular capacity, better metabolism and most beneficially, a reduced rate of breath, which leads to a calmer, and more energized you. These practices not just work at a physical plane to tone the body but that help aid digestion and promote a sense of well-being by keeping the digestive organs healthy.
So what are you waiting for, steal some precious time; hop onto your mat and say hello to a new you! Happy Yoga!