What you eat has a definite effect on the health of your skin, hair and body. Brides need to include specific superfoods, to ward off stress, anxiety besides to keep them looking younger than their years. Here are a few power packed superfoods you need to grab.
They say eat right to move right! All you brides out there, while stocking up your vanity dresser with potent beauty lotions, don’t forget foods that will make you look flawless and youthful. There is a growing awareness amongst brides-to-be on making healthy choices in food to remain fit through the months leading up to the marriage. If you are a summer bride, the rise in temperature can lead to dehydration, heat stroke, weakness and digestion issues, so basically what you take in will impact on your overall health. Most food experts or nutritionists emphasize the brides on eating fewer calories, be more physically active and make wiser food choices!
We throw light on a few powerhouse superfoods for sweltering summer season besides they keep the lifestyle diseases at bay. Superfoods are nutrient powerhouses that pack large doses of antioxidants, polyphenols, vitamins and minerals. Incorporate these into your diet for perfect tresses, glowing skin and healthy body will help you in the long run. Read on!
Superfoods are ideal for minimizing the risk of obesity, cancer, heart disease and high cholesterol. Just like super heroes protect the public, super foods protect our bodies. Here are some superfoods that the world is talking about and brides-to-be can happily tuck into!
- Acai- With double the antioxidants of blueberries, along with protein, fiber, essential fats, vitamins and minerals, they also help in weight-loss.
- Chia seeds- They have protein, omega-3 and fiber, and help curb the appetite.
- Goji berries- These are packed with antioxidants and provide the elixir of youth.
- Quinoa- It is a great protein profile, plus minerals and B vitamins and ideal for vegetarians.
- Dark Chocolates: Had a hectic day, don’t worry just go and munch some dark chocolates to help combat stress and relax. The higher the cocoa content the better (always head for 70%). They also lower blood pressure and de-stress your mind.
- Beetroot: If you are a hiker or planning an exciting adventure, don’t forget to increase beetroot consumption. It aids better exercise performance and enhances stamina due to additional nitrated consumption.
- Garlic: Garlic increases immune function by promoting the growth of white blood cells- the body’s natural germs fighter. Garlic slows the growth of harmful bacteria, yeasts and fungi or cholesterol.
- Broccoli: Broccoli is rich in magnesium and Vitamin C, known to fight infections and viruses and is most powerful immunity booster.
- Quinoa: It is perfect fast and filling nutritional breakfast just add almond milk for added boost of protein. It is a complete protein with all essentials amino acids with few carbohydrates and fats.
- Kale: It is fiber rich dark green leafy vegetable which looks similar to spinach. It is fantastic for skin and beneficial for body and complexion.
- Nuts: Nuts are not only yummy but also contains healthy oils, fiber, vitamins, minerals, potent photochemical, amino acid arginine. Walnuts are one of the best plant sources of protein and eating harmful of nuts five times a week reduces your risk of coronary heart diseases.
- Lemons: They are an immune booster that have an anti-bacterial properties regularly to aid with cold and fevers.
- Ginger Tea: It helps ease throat and nose congestion.
- Cherries: One of the natural food sources of melatonin. Dried cherries and cherry juice works too as the same.
- Brown Rice: It’s higher fiber content and low GI, keeps you fuller and focused for long.
- Spirulina: considered a “complete protein” which means it contains all 8 essential amino acids in an easier to digest form than meat or soya protein, therefore it is a great source of protein for vegans and vegetarians.
- Salmon: The best source of omega-3 fatty acids, omega 3 is essential for proper brain function, including storage and recall.
- Seeds: Sunflower, Sesame and Pumpkin seeds contain beneficial fats, protein, Vitamin E and stress fighting antioxidants and important brain boosting minerals.
Your simple kitchen food items can help you remain cool this season. Sonia Narang, Nutritionist and Dietitian says, “The moment you said yes, your wedding routine starts. As the routine starts things became more chaotic. It could be a very unhealthy time for brides, which is filled with lack of sleep, skipping meals and lot of stress. This is the time that brides need extra care in order to stay healthy. After all, they are the star of the evening and they have to capture eyes. Here are some super foods that would help to shine for their special day- Add berries in your diet, as it is a good source of fiber and antioxidant which will help to keep your mind fresh so that you can take right decisions for you. It increases body’s antioxidant high enough as compared to any other fresh food which results in positive health benefits. To make it more interesting you can blend it with smoothies or can add in yogurt for morning breakfast. Then comes Spinach is the super food in all the superfoods. It loaded with the “n” number of health benefits. For having healthy eyes, wrinkle and dark circle free skin spinach is the best choice due to its high levels of vitamin C and K. Not only this, it will make you feel more energetic and help in cleansing your body.
If you are addicted to coffee and tea, then swap out from this and make a habit of green tea. It contains polyphenols which help to reduce the risk of pimples and help to boost metabolism. Wedding is the time when you involve yourself in many activities and hence you are always in a stressful situation. Green tea is the best cure, as it works as stress buster medicine. It also makes your skin glowing and supple.
We all know eggs are the best option for everyone. It is the best food for every age group. If we talk about brides, eggs are the true super foods for them. It contains a number of hidden beauty secrets which not only make you healthy but also enhance your overall beauty. Adding egg to your diet will help to keep your skin looking fresh and glowing and also gives extra conditioning to your hairs. For skinny brides, nothing can better than egg, as it help to gain weight as well.
Yogurt is the best addition to your diet in the hustle bustle of your wedding. It is the best food to maintain your body shape as it packed with good bacteria that helps to reduce the unhealthy bacteria which causes bloating. Add a bowl of yogurt to your daily breakfast routine, it will help to reduce bloating throughout the day and give you a desire flat tummy.
Kitchen Friendly Superfoods
- Avocado (FEED YOUR BRAIN): excellent source of healthy monounsaturated fat that is easily burned for energy and low in fructose helps improve blood flow to the brain, which can allow brain signals to travel more efficiently and effectively.
- Beans (THINKING FUEL): are slow to digest, can provide the brain with a long lasting source of energy. Beans are full of healthy fiber, antioxidants and energy boosting iron.
- Banana (MEMORY BOOSTER): contains third of your daily required intake of Vitamin B6, a nutrient directly linked to memory and long term brain health.
- Raw Nuts (NATURES VITAMINS): Nuts like almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, are a great snack to keep you going, help you curb your appetite- as they are filled with fiber, vitamins and omega-3 fatty acids. Nuts can boost your memory and strengthen your ability to concentrate.
- Oats (POWER YOUR DAY): Full of fiber, oatmeal is slow to digest & are packed with, some protein, omega -3 fatty acids, potassium, magnesium and phytonutrients for improved brain function. Small amounts of oats in the morning breakfast will sustain you throughout the morning so you aren’t prone to irritability or an energy crash.
Happy Prepping, Happy Eating!